- Quick and easy to apply, with minimal equipment requirements
- Adds excellent field-applied mechanical protection to coatings that excel in anticorrosion protection, such as Trenton Wax-Tape anticorrosion wraps
- Superior protection against soil stress and backfill
- Can be applied in high-moisture conditions (because the resin is moisture-cured)
- Provides a “hard-shell” coating that protects and can also be painted
- High solids content with low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Low odor
- Quick cure time so it is ready for immediate backfill after application
- Apply any of Trenton’s Wax-Tape® anticorrosion wraps (or another coating that needs extra mechanical protection).
- On horizontal pipe, start with a downward-facing strip and wrap Trenton MCO®110 outerwrap onto the pipe in a spiral pattern, using a minimum 50% overlap. Use an 80% overlap when needed in high stress areas, such as transition pipe in clay soils. On a vertical pipe, start at the bottom and spiral up. When wrapping, apply only enough tension to prevent slack. The wrap can be repositioned to achieve a proper application.
- Make sure MCO 110 outerwrap is extended out past the underlying coating on both ends for better anchoring.
- When a roll ends, overlap the new roll over the previous roll with the beginning edge in a downward-facing direction. Wrap the outerwrap once around the pipe to anchor the new roll before resuming the spiral wrap.
- At the end of the last roll, apply MCO outerwrap end adhesive to the existing layer before pressing down the end, in order to prevent possible unraveling before the outerwrap has cured.
Rolls are individually vacuum-packed in foil bags.
4″ x 4′ (10.16 cm x 1.22 m) roll, 1.33 sq ft (0.12 m²)
4″ x 12′ (10.16 cm x 3.66 m) roll, 4.0 sq ft (0.37 m²)
4″x 27′ (10.16 cm x 8.23 m) roll, 9.0 sq ft (0.84 m²)
6″ x 27′ (15.24 cm x 8.23 m) roll, 13.5 sq ft (1.25 m²)
9″ x 40′ (22.86 cm x 12.19 m) roll, 30.0 sq ft (2.78 m²)
NOTE: Alternative sizes may be available at an additional cost.
- Color: Black
- Thickness (when cured): 30 mil (.75 mm)
- Surface operating temperature*: -29°F — 250°F (-34°C — 121°C)
- Surface application temperature: -18°F — 125°F (-28°C — 52°C)
- Cure to dry time at 70°F (21°C): 20 minutes
- Impact resistance over
Wax-Tape #1 wrap @ 15 kV
holiday detection**: 20 Joules
* If operating temperature exceeds Wax-Tape #1 wrap maximum of 120°F (49°C) or Wax-Tape #2 wrap maximum of 140°F (60°C), use Trenton WaxTape HT-3000 anticorrosion wrap under MCO 110 outerwrap. ** Test assumes 50% overlap
Inquiry - Mco庐 110 Outerwrap